Saturday, November 6, 2010

What a weekend...

Jeff is out of town this weekend deer hunting. It is his last deer hunt of the year-finally. I'm not quite sure why I'm more productive while he's gone, but this weekend has been busy and crazy.

Yesterday we bought a new kitchen table.
I've been looking on KSL for weeks and several really good deals have fallen through. So yesterday while I was in the middle of a small painting project, my mom called and told me about this one. It was up in Bountiful. I've found that for the really good deals, you have to act fast. So I stopped my project, grabbed my dad and his trailer and headed to Bountiful. I listed my old table on KSL last night and had a call about an hour later. A couple from Spanish Fork came up this morning and bought it. What a relief to get rid of it so fast.

So, after I sold my table I spent the morning cleaning the inside of my house. Because I had worked outside yesterday, the inside was destroyed. I even got the kids to cooperate and help clean up. It was great. I went to a friend's baby shower around lunchtime. It was a nice quiet break and yummy food.

After the shower, I had lots I wanted to do. The first thing on my list was to restain my deck. I've been wanting to do this for weeks and just haven't got around to it. This may sound like a big project, but it was really just touch up. Summer before last I spent endless hours staining the deck. It was all the tedious work of the railings, posts, etc. that took forever. Today I just went over the top boards that the stain had worn off. It took a while, but not too bad-and it looks great. Next I mowed the lawn and cleaned up leaves. I love fall, but I don't love leaves all over my lawn and in my gardens. I even swept out the gutter in front of my house. Yes, I'm obsessive, but it looks great.

You can see the deck and my nice lawn in this picture.
I fed the kids a quick dinner and then cleaned out the car that was destroyed during our trip to Bountiful yesterday. I'm always amazed at how quickly three little people can make such a big mess. The final two projects of the night were to clean up the toy room, and to clean my couch cushions. I got the kids to help with the toy room. Big Man was quite the little helper and organizer. It was fun to watch him.

My couches are microfiber and every couple of months they look pretty gross, so I use my green machine on them. In between all these projects I also sprayed the house for spiders and did the laundry. Needless to say, I'm exhausted.

I just wanted to document all of my hard work, because it doesn't happen very often. In fact I think I made up for three months of having no energy in one weekend. Good thing tomorrow is a day of rest because I'm sure I'll need it. Oh and I switched all the clocks tonight for tomorrow's time change. Can I just say I hate the time change. I used to love it before I had kids-an extra hour of sleep, right? Now the time change means a week of trying to get on a new schedule. I kept the kids up an extra hour hoping that tomorrow morning will go well. We'll see.

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

My goodness you are busy! I can't believe you can accomplish so much while you are pregnant! Are you sure you're suppose to? I totally use pregnancy as a reason to get out of everything. Especially painting!! Hats off to you.