Thursday, November 11, 2010

Exped Mirror Strikes Again

We've had our Ford Expedition for about three years now, and we've had FOUR separate incidents with the mirror. The first one was my fault. I was backing out of the garage and got it too close. It bent back (which it's supposed to do), and broke several parts inside the mirror casing. Repair cost $85. Let me just mention that I got a bunch of crap about this little accident.

The second incident was when I was in labor with Little Princess. This time Jeff backed up a little too close to the edge of the garage. I don't remember what the repair cost was on this one. It was just nice that it was not my fault. It does make for a fun story though that while in labor leaving for the hospital at 3 a.m. Jeff hits the mirror.

The third incident was up in Boise. Jeff took the car through a car wash. I don't remember exactly what happened, but the car wash was at fault and ended up paying for it.

The final incident actually didn't ruin or hurt the mirror in any way, but there was damage. I always drive up to our mailbox which is at the far end of the driveway, get the mail, and then back up to go into the driveway. Well, as I was backing up, the mirror caught the edge of the mailbox. Instead of bending the mirror back (like it should-right) it moved the mailbox and took out the whole side of bricks surrounding it. I was a bit in shock, but the kids went crazy. They couldn't believe mom had 'destroyed' the mailbox.

So all I have to say to the Exped mirror is-let's be done!

No comments: