Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween

I love seeing the holidays through my children's eyes. There's an excitement and enthusiasm that is just fun and contagious, especially as they get older. I always love fall and Halloween. My birthday is thrown in there to make October especially fun.

Our Halloween fun started last week. It continued this week with a parade and party at Little Man's preschool. I got to the school in time to watch the parade, except they went ahead and started early, so I missed it after all. I was kind of bummed, but Little Man had no idea. He was just thrilled with his bag of candy. I can't believe how big he's getting.

The next day was Big Man's school parade and class party. We have three different costumes for the boys, but they both chose to be Super Man at school. Throughout the last month, all of the costumes have been well worn.

I am the room mom for his class, so I was in charge of the party. I had a ton of help from a lot of the moms so it ended up being pretty easy. The kids had a good time. They were all so cute dressed up.

We've had our pumpkins for at least a month, but we didn't carve them until today. Little Princess enjoyed this the most. She was enthralled the whole time. Halloween has been fun with her this year.

I had to include this picture too. I don't know what they were doing, but I guess it was pretty funny.

By rights it should've been Jeff's turn to take them trick or treating this year, but I somehow ended up doing it. From about 3:00 on this afternoon it was cold and rainy, so we bundled up with tons of layers. The kids were so excited to go door to door and get candy. Little Princess had to go to every door with the boys, only she took twice as long. It was so cute to hear her say "Trick or Treat," only it sounds like "Trick or Pete". After a few houses, she would tell everyone "Happy Halloween." It may not sound cute, but you have to imagine her small little 2-year old voice. It was adorable.

At the end of the night the kids dumped out all their candy on the floor to look through it. They were so cute going through their candy, comparing piles, trading each other for some of their favorites, etc. Having kids definitely makes the holidays so much more fun. Next on to Thanksgiving and Christmas, two of my favorites. Oh and my Christmas shopping is pretty much done. Wahoo.

No comments: