Saturday, November 13, 2010

All the Single Ladies...

My boys love this song and sing it all the time. This week I have been a single parent while Jeff was hunting in Colorado. I definitely have a respect for single parents. I don't know how they do it all the time. A week was LONG ENOUGH for me.

Jeff got his deer Thursday morning and ended up coming home Friday night. I was excited because originally they were coming home on Sunday. The kids were so excited to see him. All they could do is hug him over and over. It was cute. Little Man has not left his side since he came home. He's definitely a daddy's boy.

I've had so many projects I've been working on this week and some of those created more messes (like the mailbox-read my other post if you don't know what I'm talking about). Jeff was kind enough to work on a few things for me today. I know he hates honey-do lists, but sometimes it's gotta happen. Jeff's never done brick work before, so he called his dad to come and help him. I'm happy to say that I have (what looks like) a brand-new mailbox. It actually looks better than it did before since it was falling apart and crumbly. It took them a while, but it looks great. I know that was not what he wanted to work on today, but I am very thankful.

The other big project I took on this week was painting our toy room. All four of our bedrooms are on the upper level. We've been using one of them as the toy room, but that will be the baby's room. Before it had blue on the bottom of the wall, and yellow on the top. Definitely not girl colors. To get it painted all the toys had to be rearranged. So while this project was underway, my upstairs looked like a disaster-toys were everywhere. I thought it would take two days, but it ended up taking four. I did taupe on the bottom of the wall, and a Plum color on top. Sounds simple, right? Well I sponged the top part of the wall. I'd never sponged anything before so I didn't realize how time consuming it would be. It looks really good. Once the painting was done, it took two days to organize toys and put things back. I boxed up some of the toys to go downstairs and moved the baby furniture up. Yes, I'm four months early, but it was fun to get it all set up. Besides the kids love playing in the crib. I'll post some pics later.

It's been a long week and I'm hoping this next week will be a little more relaxing. I've still got a few things on my to-do list, but no major projects.

No comments: