Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's official: Boy 3, Girls 3

Looks like we'll be evening out the score in our family. The fourth and final Hansen child will join our family in March. My due date is March 17th, but I'm hoping for the first part of March since I always go two weeks early. We had our ultrasound this morning and it's a GIRL!!! Everything looks great. I am 18 weeks along and finally feeling pretty good.

We decided a while back (even before we got pregnant) that we would keep it a secret for a while. It sounded good in the beginning. From the moment I found out that I was pregnant, I felt awful. It's no fun being sick and having to put on a happy face. My mom told me I looked tired all the time, but she had no idea :) Around 10 weeks, I was ready to tell people, but Jeff still wanted to keep it a secret. I told him fine, but we were telling people at Little Man's birthday party the early part of September. He reluctantly agreed. At this point, my tummy was starting to get big and it was harder to hide it.

We had waited to tell the kids we were expecting until dinnertime the night of Little Man's party. They were excited, but it was kind of no big deal. We thought they would blurt the news as soon as everyone got there, but they didn't. When all of the adults were in the room, I asked Little Man if he wanted to share the news-he didn't. So Big Man says, 'My mom is going to have a baby." It was cute. Everyone was excited.

Even after we told family, it was kind of hard to just announce it to everyone I know. So if you didn't know before now that may be why. I did go ahead and tell my Gospel Doctrine class the first time I taught. I wanted them to understand why I wouldn't be able to remember anyone's name (pregnancy brain). I wanted to wait and announce it online after our ultrasound.

We're excited. I think it's going to take Jeff a while to get used to the thought of having two girls. He already thinks Little Princess is emotional and dramatic :) Now we'll have to times that by two. The best part is I get to use all my cute little girl clothes and bows and dresses again. Little Princess grew so fast that she didn't stay in some of her stuff for very long. The other good news is that now I can get of all my boy baby clothes. That'll clean out half of my attic.

3 comments:

Jaycey said...

Congratulations!

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you!! See what happens when I finally sit down and read blogs!!! I am so happy for you! Congrats :)

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you!! See what happens when I finally sit down and read blogs!!! I am so happy for you! Congrats :)