Saturday, October 23, 2010

33 Years and counting...

Today was my birthday. I am a 1/3 of a century. That sounds so old, right? Sometimes I feel that old. Other times, I still think I'm in my 20's. I had a great birthday. Jeff and I went out to dinner last night while the kids played at a friend's house. It was a fun night out.

Today we spent the morning in the Draper temple. My cousin Ashley got married. I'd only been to the Draper temple during the open house, so it was nice to go back. My cousin is young and in love. It was cute to see them so happy. The sealing was absolutely amazing. The sealer was so insightful and gave such a great lesson about what takes place in the temple and why. It was such a good refresher.

We were supposed to have a soccer game today for Big Man but it was raining pretty good, so we decided to skip it. I took a nice refreshing nap with no little kids bugging me. That was a treat. I wanted to take the kids to see the witches (at Gardner Village) today as well, but we're going to wait until it's warm and dry. We opted to go out to dinner with the kids before hitting my cousin's wedding reception. It was yummy. Joe Morley's is one of my favorites. I had to fight three kids for the mud pie. They thought it was pretty yummy too.

The reception was so beautiful. I thought we were only going to stay for a second, but the kids were having way too much fun.



This picture of Big Man cracks me up. The guest formed a circle around the bride and groom for their first dance together. Big Man sneaks over by this girl (one of the bride's friends I think) and before we know it he's holding her hand. We asked him about it later and he said she asked him if he wanted to hold her hand. He had the biggest grin on his face the whole time. We may be in for trouble :)






No comments: