Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Random Thoughts

I've had lots of random thoughts running through my mind so I thought I'd put some of them down. First of all today I am 35 weeks in my pregnancy. In some ways it's gone by very quickly. In other ways it's been a LONG road. I've felt pretty good since the kidney stone stuff other than swollen feet and legs and the usual aches. I move pretty slow, which isn't always the easiest with kids around. Especially when Little Man needs to go potty NOW. So worst case I'll have a baby in 5 weeks. Best case I'll have a baby in 3-4 :) I'm hoping for the earlier.

Proud moment: Big Man said the prayer and scripture in sharing time on Sunday. It was the cutest thing. He spoke loud and clear in the microphone and even said the prayer himself. I was very proud of him and grateful that he's learning at a young age the importance of scriptures and primary. I also substituted in his sunbeam class and was very proud when he answered some of the questions I asked. It made me realize that he really is learning the gospel basics even when I don't think he's paying attention. He's already working on a foundation that I hope will be very strong.

Things I'm thankful for: This list could go on and on, but one thing that has come in handy MANY times in the last few weeks is my little Green Machine Carpet Cleaner. Maybe I should do a product review on it. It's so easy to use and has made the ups and downs of potty training more bearable. I'm also thankful for a good husband who works really hard. He took one day out of his 3-day weekend to work on stuff I wanted done. Well kind of. I have a growing list of 'outside' things that need to be done. Saturday was set aside to work on this list. Some of the stuff that got done was not exactly on the list :) but it needed done anyway. He works hard and is a great dad and husband. I'm also grateful for the many friends and family who do so much to support us.

Funny moments: I know I need to write more of these down because they happen all the time, but one pretty good one happened when my uncle came over to see my house a few weeks back. He saw Big Man's room and said, 'you must be a Car's fan.' Big man looked up at his ceiling fan and said 'that's not a Car's fan.' We also have a good time changing the lyrics to some of his favorite songs. In the car the other day, Big Man wanted to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Dinosaur. We made up some pretty good words for this variation. He thought it was hilarious and it makes me laugh when they laugh. I have cute boys.

That about wraps up my random thoughts for today. I seem to have a ton. I blame it on the pregnancy horomones. My mind wanders all the time and I'm pretty forgetful most of the time. I've been meaning to write this all down, but keep forgetting :)

3 comments:

Its just me...(Jeff) said...

You're so cute...Those boys definatly keep both of us on our toes. I'm glad you took time to write some of those things down. My very favorite thing is getting both of them laughing. And I love how Big Man asks every day if we are going camping. I need to take him out more. Our world is about to turn upside down. I don't know what to do with a girl...I guess I'll learn.
Love you
Jeff

Snell Family Rocks said...

I think your thoughts are great. I need to write down more of mine.. I can't believe you have 5 weeks until the baby is here. That has gone pretty fast. Kids are great and they make life so much fun.
Becky

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Scott swears by the little green machine... we saw an infomercial on it when b was tiny and bought it right then and there and have NEVER regretted it