Saturday, September 27, 2008

SHE"S HERE!!!!

Yay!! I didn't have to wait until Tuesday after all. Last night about 9:30 my contractions started, but I didn't want to get my hopes up, it felt more like a tummy ache. By midnight they were coming pretty regular and by 3:00 they were getting pretty strong, so I woke Jeff up and we headed for the hospital. When we arrived I was dialated to a 3 and it took until 9:30 to fully dialate. I think if would've gone much quicker if my water had been broken before I was at an 8, but that's when the Dr. arrived. After he broke my water I was ready to go in a matter of minutes. Epidurals are wonderful, however I don't think this one worked 100%. I still felt a ton of pressure with the contractions and I felt most of the delivery. It only took two pushes to get her out, but they were long, agonizing, very painful pushes. It's amazing what the human body can do. I'm just glad she's here and that she's happy and healthy. I was very surprised to see that she looked just like her brothers-a good combination of the two when they were babies. Sometimes I look at her and think she looks just like big man, except with a bow on her hat. She's adorable. She has a couple of 'stork bites' on her face (I think that's what they're called) just like little man did. She's perfect in every way and I feel so lucky to have her. She is by far my biggest baby to date weighing in at 6 lbs 10 ounces. When they put her on my tummy I thought for sure she was smaller than that. She looked so tiny. I was very surprised when they weighed her. She outweighed big man by almost a pound and little man by 8 ounces. She's 19 inches long. It was a long night-the first of many I'm sure-but worth every second.

(I'm having trouble attaching pictures on this network, but as soon as I'm able, I will post them)

9 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Yay! I can't believe your little girl has arrived! I bet she is just adorable. I can't wait to see pics! Hope you are feeling well!

Amy C. said...

YEA!!! I loved seeing this post and can't wait to see one with pictures -I'm sure she is stunningly beautiful. There is nothing better than a birth. Sorry about your epidural. Did you feel different after? I'd love to bring dinner or something. I'll call you. Congratulations! I am so glad things went well.

Connie Babe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Malmstroms said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We are very excited for you and we're looking forward to seeing pictures. I cannot believe you're blogging the day after giving birth. Does she have a name?

Janille said...

YAY! She came early after all! I'm so glad that things went well. Your babies sound a lot like mine. (Two pushes and their out!) They are little like mine too. Nothing like my friend that delivered a 11 lbs. 4 oz. baby. I will HAVE to send you that picture!

I'm so glad you are both doing well and can't wait to see PICTURES!

The Anderson's said...

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures. Shayna was 6lbs 10oz and 20 in long. SO very close.... Let me know when you are ready to make bows!!!! Congrats! Love, The Anderson's

The Shill Spill said...

Congratulations Meggan! That is soooooooo awesome! What is her name? How are you feeling? I can't wait to see pictures. :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I am so glad you didn't have to wait for the induction- not nearly as glad as you, I'm sure.

Take care and call if you need anything. You and Jeff are out-numbered now!

G-mom said...

wow you have small babies! lucky!