Thursday, September 9, 2010

Little Man Starts Preschool

Another long awaited day-Little Man's 1st day of preschool. He was so excited this morning. It was fun to watch him go today.
We arrived a little early, so I took some pictures at the school. Some other moms were there with their little guys. I realized how much older Little Man is than some of his buddies. He just turned 4 and some of them are probably barely 3. It's too bad he barely misses the deadline.
I also hosted playgroup this week for Little Man's friends. It was fun and wild to have 3 extra boys at my house. After the afternoon calmed down, I sat down to do homework with Big Man. Little Man came and sat by us and had to do it too. It was cute. Luckily Big Man didn't care. I had a good time doing number flashcards with my boys. I love that they love to learn.

A funny story that happened this week: Big Man is always into creating things. One afternoon I was out in the garage and come in to find him gluing stuff. Grandma gave him some Elmer's glue for his birthday and it's been put to good use, we usually use glue sticks. I found that my outside (dirty, gross) broom was at my desk. He was making a flag. Of course my initial reaction is 'what a mess, get that broom outside, don't glue things to the broom, etc.' I wasn't thrilled about it. Later that night the broom made it's way outside. I told Jeff that Big Man had glued paper to the broom, he looks at us with a smile and says 'It's the Title of Liberty.' How could I be mad after that. It was such a sweet declaration and made me realize that they really are listening when I think they aren't. In the picture, the paper is folded down, but he'd written his name on it. What a cutie.

1 comment:

RaCHeL said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! They sure are cute!