Monday, September 20, 2010

Change is good, right?

Sunday morning I get a call from the ward's Executive Secretary. We all know what that means. I met with the bishopric right before church. I knew a release would be coming soon. I have been in Cub Scouts for almost two years, which is crazy for this ward. No one stays in Cub Scouts that long. I thought all morning about if they would call me to something else. I secretly hoped for Activity Day leader, or Visiting Teaching supervisor-it's too bad you can't pick your calling. When the bishopric announced their intended calling, I think I just stared at them. They wanted me to be the co-teacher for Gospel Doctrine. For real? Me? Don't get me wrong, I'm a teacher by profession, but the Old Testament? Wow. I think somehow I said yes, but as I thought about it all day, a nervous excitement lingered.

I've never got so many well wishes and condolences all in one day. The teacher that I am replacing is amazing. Very knowledgeable and insightful. I have enjoyed his lessons. Now, I can only hope that people will enjoy my lessons.

So the lesson of the day is be careful what you wish or pray for. You might just actually get it and not in the way that you expect. My first lesson is next Sunday-the topic: Isaiah. I'm starting NOW to prepare. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: