Sunday, April 15, 2012

Trial and Error at Church

I know what you're thinking. How could that cute little thing be naughty at church. Well, she is. Sacrament meeting has been an event ever since we added kids to the mix over 7 years ago.



We've been trying to find what works for our family. Up until today we would take a big bag of 'stuff' to keep the kiddos quiet.

I read an interesting blog this week and wanted to try a different tactic. Here is the link if you want to check it out. So today we gave it a shot. The only bag I took was my diaper bag. All it had in was our quiet books. We have about 5-6. Click on the pic for the link. They look like this:



It also took some preparation in the last few days leading up to sacrament meeting today. We've been talking to the kids about reverence and how they should act at church.

Overall it went better than I thought. We only had one that needed to get a drink (even though he could've waited). Little Princess goofed around with me in the hall while I put Baby M to sleep, and one little fight between Little Man and Little Princess. I was pleasantly surprised. The blog I read said to 'expect more' of your kids and I think that helped. Great job Hansen clan.

No comments: