Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Moments of Genius...

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen sometimes!

My kids are skinny little bums. I wish I had that problem! The pants that work best on them are the adjustable waist ones. Big Man has one pair of jeans that are not adjustable waist. He also refuses to wear a belt. I can always tell when he's wearing this one pair of pants because he's always trying to hold them up. You might be thinking-well don't buy him pants without the adjustable waist-good point. However we have inherited some pants and I can never pass up a deal on boys jeans at a yard sale. Thus the dilemma.

So I came up with a solution. I'd make my own adjustable waist pants for him. Here's what I did. I cut two holes in the waist band of his jeans. One towards the middle and the other closer to the front. The cuts didn't go all the way through, just on the inside layer.



At the cut in the back I threaded through a piece of elastic with a safety pin. I got the elastic for a buck at Walmart. I then sewed the back part of the elastic in place.



At the front hole I sewed a button on and then cut a little hole in the middle of the elastic where I wanted it set. Voila DIY adjustable waist pants.

No comments: