Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Our Petting Zoo...

I knew that country life would be different, but I didn't know what I was in for. Yesterday while cleaning the toy room in the basement, we saw that we had a new resident-a fluffy gray mouse had made himself at home. Since that window doesn't have a screen, I think he'd fallen and couldn't get out. Once the boys knew he was down there they decided to spend their afternoon throwing rocks at it. Somehow it survived.

Today we met our newest guest, a muskrat (according to the in-house animal expert). It too fell and couldn't get out. It shredded the screen in it's attempts at freedom.





I wonder what tomorrow will bring... We do have 4 more window wells.

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

WE have a window well aquarium at our house too. Mice and voles are big visitors this winter. There are lots of nocturnal bugs that get trapped in the summer too. Good thing they can't get in the house.