Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Men I Love...

Little Man has had a loose tooth for a few weeks now. He's been so excited about it. Jeff helped loosen up the last little bit and Little Man popped it out himself. It was fun to see how all of the kids got excited for Little Man. He's waited a long time to do some of the things his big brother has already done. He's been very patient about it, but now that it's his turn, he's having a good time. He couldn't stop smiling all night.

The tooth fairy was caught off guard since, but thanks to some good neighbors she rustled up a dollar bill. When she went down to find the tooth, it was in a death grip in his hand. The next morning, he'd forgotten all about it, and had to go back down to see what he got. What a nut.



Today is Jeff's birthday. We are no longer different ages. For four months out of the year, I am extremely older than him. Now we are equal again. The planning started yesterday with Big Man calling Jeff to find out what he wanted for breakfast on his birthday. Jeff told him that he could pick. At 6:30 this morning, Big Man was out in the kitchen preparing the birthday breakfast. I think we'd done breakfast in bed for him on previous birthdays and he'd remembered. So I guess it's tradition. (I didn't get breakfast in bed for my birthday) I could hear Big Man slowly making his way down the hall with a tray. When he gave it to Jeff, he said "That took 7 minutes. One minute to walk in here." That cracked me up.

The awesome birthday breakfast consisted of a glass of ice water (the best breakfast drink) and a bowl of Peanut Butter Crunch. There's a towel over the tray. It was very fancy. I love my men. They are the best.

No comments: