Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kindergarten here we come...

We are FINALLY starting our Kindergarten activities this week. Big Man met with his teacher for his assessment today. Thursday is an open house activity and Friday is the first day of class. I think our school is the last to start of any in the whole state. Seriously, I feel like we've been waiting forever.

The assessment went well. He's such a little smartie. It was fun to listen to him answer all his teacher's questions. It was hard for me to sit across the room and not be able to help him. He did really well, but I felt like the room was a mile long and we were at opposite ends. I know most people are sad when their kids grow up and get big, but for me I'm excited. I love seeing him do new things. His excitement is contagious. He's an example for his brother and sister whether he knows it or not. Besides not having him home all day long will hopefully cut down on the teasing, fighting, and messes at home :) What's not to love.

Little Man starts preschool a week from Thursday. I'm excited about that as well. He's waited a long time to go to school. He misses the school deadline by a week, so he'll always be the oldest in his grade. I'm fine with that, but sometimes it's hard to wait. He's also be going to be part of a playgroup with some friends in our neighborhood. It'll be fun for him to have a playgroup of his own. He had fun last year with Big Man's playgroup when it was at our house, but this one will be all his.

I will post first day of school pictures later. Stay tuned.

No comments: