Sunday, May 10, 2009

What a busy weekend...

I have had spring fever really bad. I've been wanting to work on some of these projects for a long time and have finally gotten around to it. The first one was painting my bedroom. It was brown and I wanted it green. Sounds simple, huh? Without the vaulted ceilings it would've been easy. So far I have completed 3 of the 4 walls. Hopefully this week the last wall will be done.

This is one of the finished walls. Now I need something fun to put on there.

The next project was to clean out the backyard. We have two really big gardens that were growing some really nice weeds. I wanted to make them usable. I wish I'd done some before pictures because they turned out pretty cool. The smaller of the two gardens is going to be for vegetables. I spent Thursday and Friday weeding and moving the dirt around. On Saturday, Jeff removed the curbing and put some rocks around the garden to shape it up. We shortened up the space and put sod in the remaining part. This also required some additional sprinklers. I'm pretty excited about the drip system he put in. I can't wait to plant my veggies :) I'll keep you posted.
This is the large garden. I filled up a huge wheelbarrow with all the weeds. I also removed a couple of the quakies. It looks pretty bare right now, but it will soon have some fruit trees, bushes, plants, and pumpkins. The kids are pretty excited about planting pumpkins. I'm excited to have a nice backyard. We've worked hard and it looks great.

I wonder what the next project should be... :)

No comments: