Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy (un) Birthday

In addition to the family reunion, we also had an un-birthday party for Jaxon and Grandma Snell on Saturday. Since big man's birthday is Christmas Day, we want him to have a special day to celebrate in the summer.


My days of cooking in the kitchen by myself are over. This is little man helping me with the frosting. What a helper.

Big man wanted to cut the brownies. Notice the diagonal lines :)
The family is singing to him-complete with his uncle on the phone.

We were lucky to get four of the five looking at the same time. Big man got this soccer goal as a present. Little man thinks it's a tent.
Opening his presents. He had a great time. He was even good about sharing with everyone once they were all open.
All in all it was a good un-birthday party. As I reflected on the night I thought of the things I love about a child's birthday. Here they are 1-The chaos and excitement 2-The enthusiasm 3-Seeing joy through a child's eyes 4-Realizing that your child is growing up. Okay maybe the last one is not the best. It makes me realize how fast time goes by and before I know it he'll be all grown up. I just hope I can cherish these moments while they last.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute idea! Madi's birthday is in December and me and Maleea are in January. I'm always looking for an excuse to celebrate something in the summer.

It looks like he had a great time! It is sad how fast they grow up! I LOVE the frosting the cake pictures! This is so my world right now too! I LOVE HELPERS!

Amy C. said...

I agree that the enthusiam at a birthday is so fun. glad he had a happy un birthday

The Shill Spill said...

Such a good idea! :) Looks as though you have a young chef on your hands. :) Fun, fun! :)

Malmstroms said...

Are those my favorite Meggan brownies? I think about them often!