Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend happenings

This whole last week has been a blur. With the holiday being on a Thursday, it really threw off our whole week. We've been busy though. Thursday night Jeff and I finally saw a movie-together-in a theater. That rarely happens. We saw Indiana Jones. I really enjoyed it. Jeff critiqued it quite a bit.

Saturday morning I went to my cousin's sealing in the Salt Lake Temple. It was really neat. Here's a picture of Jeff with the boys at home. We got a babysitter for the luncheon, but we figured 7 a.m. was kind of early to have both of us be downtown.


Saturday afternoon we picked up uncle Andy from the airport. He's working this summer in Dallas, TX, but flew home for the American Idol auditions. Here he is sporting his wristband. It took Little man quite a while to warm up to him, but before too long he was making him laugh.

When did Big man start looking so grown up? I found this picture on my camera and almost didn't recognize him :) I think he looks adorable.

Other weekend fun included a movie night smack dab in the middle of our family room. We rarely rent movies, but got four good ones this weekend. The boys got to make a pillow tent complete with couch cusions, every pillow in the house, and blankets. That kept them occupied for part of the time. Candy from last weekend's parade helped occupy them as well. We've had to watch some of the movies after the boys go to bed because they're a little intense for young ones. Even the movies we thought would be okay with them watching had a few words I'd rather not include in their vocabulary. I highly recommend Vantage Point.

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

Kevin has been in Dallas all summer too. Selling home security systems. Maybe they have been working together??