Monday, July 21, 2008

Lamb Day Festivities

Another Lamb Day has come and gone. This is my 7th Lamb Day since Jeff and I met. Lamb Day is Fountain Green, Utah's town celebration for those of you who don't know. Jeff grew up in Fountain Green until he was 14. We decided to rent a trailer this year and spend the whole weekend. I wasn't about to sleep in a tent or on the ground. It was nice to have a bed-even if I had to share with little man. Here are a few pictures of the festivities.
The parade is at 10 in the morning. It was blazing hot already. The kids got more candy than they did at Halloween. They had a great time. Little man even got into it (eventually)
There are lots of games and activities for the kids at the park. We had a good time watching them play.
This picture was taken through the plastic window. The boys had fun trying to catch all the balloons.
The "Sheeper Creeper." It's a little train hooked to the back of a 4-wheeler.
The sawdust scavenger hunt. They put candy and prizes in a pile of sawdust and let the kids try and find it. Just what we need-more candy.
We tried to find some cool activities in the shade. The boys had fun on the playground. Little man did not nap all day and was almost asleep in the swing. It was pretty funny to watch.

Other than the heat, I would say Lamb Day was a success. Boy was I mad when the clouds rolled in at 7:00 at night. It's already cooling down by then. Oh well, maybe next year it will be cloudy :)

3 comments:

Amy C. said...

I love small town festivities! It looks like lots of fun.

The Shill Spill said...

Wow! You guys sure know how to party! Don't you!? Good for you guys! I bet those are some good memories for you and your boys! Your boys will cherish those memories for forever!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! I LOVE Lamb Day! I remember when Jeff lived in Ft. Green. Our families always did stuff together! Those were the good old days! I'm glad you guys still celebrate Lamb Day. Were did you camp? The farm? I'm glad you had a good time!