Sunday, April 7, 2013

What a Weekend!

It might be the OCD in me, but once I get something in my mind, I become obsessed. I decided that I wanted a swing/play set for the kids in the backyard. They have loved the trampoline we got last fall and I was envisioning the hours of time a swing set would occupy them in the backyard and OUT of the house! It's a win win situation!

I contemplated a new set, but didn't want to pay $1000 for a nice one, so I got on KSL.com over a month ago and started watching. There were a ton of good, cheap sets that came on every day.  The problem is a ton of other people had the same idea.  I've missed out on so many sets because I didn't call within the first 5 minutes a set was listed.  It was very frustrating.  I finally posted an ad that I was looking for a set and if someone would call me before they posted it, I would come pick it up.  In between conference sessions on Saturday I got a call from a guy in Woods Cross asking if I was interested in his swing set.  He texted me a picture told me his price (which was a steal)  and we headed up there.

It took two hours to disassemble.  We dropped the kids off at my parents house so they weren't a distraction :)

I love this picture.  It looks like a used wood yard sale.  It's crazy how many pieces we had.  Luckily we didn't have to put it together from scratch (I'm glad we didn't go with a new one for that reason). 


By the time we got back home to start setting it up it was about 6:00 p.m.  The kids were so excited they could hardly stand it.  This picture was at about 25% of the reassembly. It only took about 2 hours to reassemble.  I was expecting longer. 


This is the finished product.  I LOVE it.  The kids are thrilled.  They spent all morning moving stuffed animals, toys, and pictures out.  We spent all afternoon making them move it all back in!  :)   The next step is staining it.  I don't know if I can keep them off of it long enough to do that!  This was another lesson in patience, but it really paid off. 

I have 4 very happy kids and one very sore and tired husband-who I owe big time for all the labor in my brainstorm.  Love ya!

No comments: