Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lamb Day 5K

I have been running for the past 2+ months with a couple of friends. We average 3-5 mile a day and go about 5 days a week. I am NOT a runner by any means, but I think I've done pretty well. We've been gearing up to run the Lamb Day 5k. Well it finally arrived this past weekend.

 My boys ran the Lamb Scram. It's a fun run of one mile. I couldn't get Little Man to pose with me before the race. They both ran the whole way. I was proud of them. Big Man tripped Little Man and he did get a few battle wounds-oops.


My girls hung out at the park with the Allreds while the rest of us ran.

The majority of the 5k was flat and downhill. There was one hill about 2/3 the way through the race and then the last 4 blocks were uphill. When I run, I usually walk and take breaks, but for the race I decided I would try and run the whole way. I made it until the last block at which point it started raining. I took a 10 second break and then ran the last bit. I finished in 28 minutes 19 seconds. For me that is a great time. I was proud of myself.


2 comments:

Amy C. said...

Way to go! You look great. You must be loosing weight with all that running! Good for you. I just eat :)

Heather said...

Congrats! I am thinking of running too. Gotta get past the pain... :)