Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A week of peace-and projects...

My husband surprised me last week by taking my oldest three kids off of my hands. He took them up to his sister's house in Boise. I thought about joining them, but decided I could use the break and get a lot of my projects done. I only took pictures of a few of the projects I got done. These chairs were destroyed by the weather and my active children. This took a lot longer than I thought, but worth it in the end (I think). I used an outdoor paint to re-cover the frames, and then bought a strong upholstery fabric for the seat and back.
Here's the finished project:

Another project I have been wanting to do for the longest time is to make a temple picture. I have tried several times to get the file I wanted made large enough at Costco. It didn't work out with the resolution of the file I had, so I printed it at Staples instead. It ended up being a little more expensive there, but I was happy with how it turned out.
Now i just need to update the kids pictures on the side to replace my 'rented family' :-) One thing at a time, right? Some other projects I completed are: painting my front door, painting the frame around the back and side doors, painting the base of my stair railing, updated scrapbooks, organized my storage and toy rooms, and so much more. My husband is a good man and dad. It was nice to have a break and 'me time' to get stuff done that I wanted to do. My kids had a blast with their cousins. It was a win-win!

No comments: