Monday, June 27, 2011

Bear Lake

I've been thinking about Bear Lake a lot lately and how much fun I had there as a kid. I wanted my kids to be able to experience some of the magic as well, so I called my uncle to see if we could stay at his cabin. It was kind of a last minute decision, but it all came together very nicely. We invited Jeff's sister and her family since we wouldn't see them at all for the rest of the summer.

It is such a beautiful peaceful place. This was taken from the swimming pool at the clubhouse by the cabin. There are so many great views of the lake.

The last time I went to Bear Lake was 9 years ago. Jeff and I were dating and went up from Logan a few times that summer. My grandparents still owned the cabin and it was exactly how I remembered it from my childhood. Things have definitely changed in the last 9 years. There are a lot more cabins, my uncle now owns my grandparents cabin, and I have grown older and maybe even wiser :) This sign was by one of the new cabins by us. My kids kept looking for the troll.
We went 'into town' to get a famous Raspberry shake. It was taking way too long, so the kids were checking it out.
There were lots of fun hats at the cabin for Jeff to wear. This was his hat of choice to wear to town. Earlier in the day he wore a nice ladies hat to the pool.
We had fun with cousins. Big Man had fun chasing J around. She's a cutie.
The kids had fun playing out in the yard and exploring.
Big Man had a great time helping Jeff build a campfire. We roasted 'smarshmallows' and ate smores.
We also had fun at the beach. The water was freezing, but that didn't stop us from getting in.

It was a fun trip. I know my kids won't have the same memories of Bear Lake that I do, but it was fun to take them all the same.

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

I love Bear Lake and I love my memories of Bear Lake that include you. We had fun. I can't drive thru Evanston with out thinking of you when we pass McDonalds.