Saturday, December 4, 2010

The 4-year old strikes again

We've had tickets for the Festival of Trees for over a week now. A friend in our ward helps organize things for the festival and gets discount tickets. I've had them on my board waiting to go this weekend. Originally we were going to go Thursday night, but Thursday was a very long day, so we decided to go Friday afternoon after Little Princess woke up. While Little Princess was napping, I was making some phone calls, and Little Man came down and asked if he could hold the tickets. I told him no, I didn't want him to lose them. He took them anyway. After I got off the phone, I asked for them back, but he didn't get them. I asked several more times and by the time Little Princess woke up, he didn't know where they were. We looked for the tickets for 45 minutes with no success. I finally told the kids we couldn't go without the tickets. They were pretty upset, but what could we do.

As a last resort, I called my friend on her cell phone to see if there was any way we could still go without the tickets. She knew we'd bought them after all since we got them from her. She just laughed and told us to come find her and she'd stamp our hands.
I'm glad we were able to make it. The trees are all so beautiful. It was a fun family activity. As for Little Man, sometimes he makes me want to pull my hair out. He hasn't done something like this since he flushed my birthday money down the toilet. Good thing I love him and he's cute or he'd be in BIG trouble.

The rest of the weekend consisted of Ward Temple Night, a ward party, a friend's birthday party for the boys, and a Polar Express party at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It's been a busy, but fun weekend. December is always busy and crazy, but it's a great time of year.

No comments: