Friday, April 16, 2010

Piano is done...

So if you know me at all, you know that I want things done Now or yesterday even :) I hate waiting. So for me this project seemed to take a year, even though it was only about a month.

I bought this piano off of KSL.com. It was in a little bit worse shape than i had anticipated. I sanded and painted the wood, and redid all the keys. It may not sound like much, bit it was a lot of work. Here's what it looked like before.


Most of the keys were all chipped off and looked pretty bad. Replacing them was a must.
So after many hours of sanding, painting, reassembling, and patiently waiting for it to be moved, it's finally in my family room. I even got out my old piano books for the finishing touch.
I bought the new key tops off Ebay. They were only $30. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out.


The final task will be to get it tuned. I'm excited to have it done. Big man said he wants to take lessons. I think I'll go over some of the basics with him. In all of my spare time of course :)

5 comments:

Amy C. said...

looks good!!

Miss Megan said...

Wow. I am really impressed, Meggan!

Janille said...

You did a GREAT JOB! The piano looks amazing. I can't believe you got a new keyboard for $30!

Wendy Olson said...

Go You!!!! That looks awesome!

Heidi said...

That looks so good! I can't believe you did all that work! I wouldn't have even known where to start!