Saturday, February 27, 2010

What a week...

This week's lesson has been patience. It's not a lesson I learn well, so apparently I need to keep learning it over and over. Little man was sick ALL week long. He started throwing up last Sunday night and had a horrible fever. The throwing up lasted only one night, but the fever stayed all week. It was manageable with medicine, but he had no energy. He laid on the couch or my bed all day and even took naps everyday-which never happens. He'd get little bursts of energy, but they wouldn't last long. I felt so helpless as a parent. I was doing everything I knew how, but it still wasn't enough. It was one of those times that I was reminded that life is fragile. My dad and Jeff gave him a blessing on Thursday morning and I think it helped a lot. He's on the mend, but extremely ornery about it.

In addition to being housebound with sick kids, I was without a car all week. What was supposed to be a one-day repair, ended up being 4 days. I've always taken for granted having a car available to me whenever I need it. I admire families that share one vehicle.

There were some good things that happened this week as well. We're one week closer to our Hawaii trip. We're going to visit Jeff's sister and family on Oahu. They're in the air force over there. The boys are thrilled. They ask every day to see a picture of the airplane and the beach. I made the mistake of showing them their seating assignments when I booked the flights. It will be a fun trip.

Also, today Little Princess got a big girl bed. She's only 17 months, but that is the age the boys got their beds too. she wants to much to be like her brothers and do what they do. I will post some pictures of her new bed later. I found the bed on KSL. It's really cute and girly. We're going to go pick out some material next week and Grandma Susie has agreed to make her a cute quilt that will match her room. Her first night she went down remarkably well. She didn't quite understand why we were reading stories laying down instead of in the rocking chair. It took her a minute, but she didn't get out and she went down quickly. She's such a cutie.

This week has been full of ups and downs, but we made it. I hope that next week is back to normal on all counts.

No comments: