Thursday, July 9, 2009

Duh...

So we've had a busy and awesome week and I haven't used my camera once. Last night Jeff and I went to his best friend's wedding. 31 years, 1 month, and 17 days in the making. It was awesome. It was a beautiful wedding, and we had a wonderful time visiting with his family and friends. It was fun. Really wish I had some pictures.

During that same exact time was our neighborhood parade and carnival. My parents were nice enough to take the kids for us. We didn't have to twist my dad's arm too much because he got to ride on the fire truck with the boys. I don't know who was more excited-my dad or the boys. They ended the parade at the park down the street from us, got sprayed by water, had snowcones and popcorn, got prizes at the fish pond, and then returned to grandma and grandpa's house. It was a busy night. They all had a blast and were totally exhausted. I think my favorite is the toy whistle Little man got at the Fish Pond. What were they thinking :)

Today I learned that I'm grateful for power. The power went off right around the time I was going to start making dinner. I promised the boys we could make banana bread muffins as well and that didn't happen. I couldn't defrost anything in the microwave. The house was too hot to sit n without the air on. I couldn't vacuum, play on the computer, or even use my laptop. I realized that I am spoiled. We ended up sitting in the shade in our front yard watching the "nice workers" down the street fix the power. It was kind of nice to just sit and relax with the kids, but at the same time, I felt like I should be doing something.

No comments: