Thursday, May 22, 2008

My new and improved yard

I finally took some pictures of my yard. The pictures don't really do it justice. It looks a lot better in person.
Jeff has worked really hard. The final thing we added was the dark soil to the front garden. It looks great.
Without seeing the before pictures of the backyard, you don't really get the scope of the project. There was a HUGE garden the length of the property that we ripped out. Jeff took all the landscaping rocks from the garden and moved them to the corner to build a fountain. It's still a work in progress, but it will look good when it's all done.
This is how wide the garden was. We had cement curbing, but it was a little damaged with the excavation. Jeff got these rocks from his dad's farm. The new sod is already blending in quite well. We're very pleased with the results.

4 comments:

Amy C. said...

It looks nice! Now if summer (or spring would arrive you will be able to enjoy it. I know how hard it is to keep a yard up so great job!!

RaCHeL said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person next week. Let me know what I can bring. :) My personal email is rachieshaw@hotmail.com if you'd rather use that.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your yard looks great! I love your house too! Good work!

The Shill Spill said...

It looks GREAT! (Also look like lots of work.) Way to go guys!