Friday, September 7, 2012

Little Man's Cowboy Birthday

My kids are getting big! Little Man turned 6 yesterday. He's turned into quite the cowboy lately, so of course he chose a cowboy party.

Here is (part of) the invitation we sent out.

I let Little Man invite the friends he wanted to. We invited 12 kids. I thought for sure that some would not come, but EVERYONE did! It was a little crazy with that many little boys running around, but it was fun.


A couple of years back my mom did a Cowboy Christmas and made these cute little holsters, and used pie tins to eat from.  She let us borrow them for the party.

Little Man wanted to do a pinata, but I decided to find a cowboy craft instead.  I found this online and printed them out.  Then I had everyone I know save toilet paper rolls for me.  I thought they turned out cute.  The boys colored them, cut them out and glued them, then we filled them up with candy.


As the boys walked in we took their pictures with this cute wanted sign (also courtesy of my mom).  During the party, Jeff printed them out and we let the boys take them home.  They were instructed not to smile and look mean, but some couldn't resist.  Cute boys!





It was the craziest 90 minutes of my life, but it meant the world to Little Man.   Not 45 minutes after the party ended, we got dressed up and headed up to Provo for Jeff's brothers wedding.  It was quite the marathon day!


No comments: