Saturday, November 26, 2011

Let the season begin...

Thanksgiving is over, let the Christmas season begin. Today in Nephi, there was a Christmas extravaganza. They had crafts for the kids and then Santa came. I don't think we got any Santa pictures last year, so it was fun to get one of the kids this year. Baby M stayed home with dad, so we'll have to get one of her next year.


After Santa, there was a preview of the Nutcracker. Big Man is a toy soldier in it this year. They've been practicing for a couple of months and he's done really well. He was kind of nervous today with their first performance. He did great though. I think the most traumatic part of the whole event was putting makeup on him. He did NOT like that at all.


The other big event this weekend was shopping Black Friday. This was my first time going. We left the kids asleep at my parents house and me and Jeff headed to WalMart around 9:30. I had to park at the far end of the next parking lot to even get a spot. I've never seen so many people in my life. People went nuts over all the toys and electronics deals. Once we got all our goods we had to wait in line for another hour and half just to check out. It was nuts. I didn't mind the whole experience other than being extremely tired since then. The good news is that with the exception of two gifts, all my shopping is done.

No comments: