Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Little Bride

This is how Little Princess entertained herself today while I was grading homework. She raided my drawer to play dress up. The ensemble consists of my knee-high socks and a slip. What a nut.

This next picture is a bit small. I borrowed it from my friend's Facebook account (thanks Katie). We went out last night with some friends for Jeff's birthday. We ate dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then went to the RV Show. It was fun. I got a hilarious video of Jeff sitting on the saddle for his birthday at the restaurant, but so far he won't send it to me. The RV show was fun. There are some cool trailers out there. Some day we'll get one... Jeff had to try out the tub in this trailer. We had a good time.

Last Friday was 'walking report card day' at Big Man's school. I'd never heard of this before. I went to his class to see firsthand his progress over the year. All of the parents were invited. The teacher had a packet of stuff for each student to do. It included letters, sounds, reading, shapes, math, etc. It was a chance for Big Man to show off. I do his homework with him every day so I've seen his progress, but I was proud as I watched him do everything on Friday. He's such a smart little boy. My favorite part was a self-evaluation he got to fill in. There were three options-a smiley face, a straight face, or a frowny face. Most of his answers were smiley faces, but there were a few that he put straight faces on. One was listening to his teacher, another was working by himself. When I asked him about it, he said that everyone always wanted to talk to him. He makes me laugh.

1 comment:

Janille said...

What a fun update. I love the pictures and the stories. You have a CUTE family! Are you still hanging in there? You're almost done!