Sunday, May 9, 2010

What a weekend...

This has been an awesome and full weekend. It started Friday with nothing short of a miracle. We closed on our other house!!! We've had our other house ever since we bought this one three years ago. Jeff's mom lived in it for a while, and then we did a lease option to a couple that lived in it for a year and a half. Since last April we've had it for sale. We had it under contract back in September (?) and the bank took SO long to get approval that the buyers found something else. Right about the time we were going to put it back on the market, we had flood damage. The water was never turned off and the pipes froze and flooded the family room. This was right around Christmas. It took about 6 weeks to get it all fixed and put back together. Once it was relisted we got three offers on it. The bank still took about two months for approval, and Friday we got the final approval and closed on it. What a mess. I know it could've turned out so differently and I know for many people it has, but I am so grateful to be done with that house. Especially before summer and having to mow the lawn weekly :)

Saturday we had a yard sale. I was going through our toy room a couple of months ago and was amazed at how crammed it was with toys. I started piling up toys that we don't play with and came up with a HUGE pile. I called my sister-in-law Becky and we decided to have a yard sale. My mother-in-law and her sister also contributed some goods and we had a LOT of good stuff. I advertised it well on KSL.com all week and put up good signs and we had a ton of people. I was impressed. It was nice to get rid of stuff and make a few bucks in the process. I would've made more had I not bought so much of Jeff's aunt's stuff :) It was fun.

Finally today is Mother's Day. What a fun and special day. My favorite part of mother's day is watching my cute primary children sing in sacrament meeting. The day started off with Big Man climbing into my bed and handing me his gift he made in preschool. It was a bookmark. He was so excited to give it to me. I tried to get up and go downstairs to eat, but Big man wouldn't let me. Jeff brought me a plate and drink up for breakfast in bed. I thought it would end there, but up come three more plate. My three little angels got to eat breakfast in my bed as well. It was fun. Of course it was a huge mess, but I loved it. My sweet hubby surprised me with a great present and even made dinner and did all the dishes. What a sweetie. I love being a mother to these great little people who teach me so much. I also love that I have a great mother who does so much for me. She's a great example and a good friend. Love you mom.

Good weekend. Now back to the grind :)

1 comment:

emlouisa said...

yay for closing on the house! That's awesome!

I'm glad you had a great mother's day. You deserve it!!!!