Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tis the Season...

December has flown by for me. I guess taking a week vacation didn't help the matter. Since we've been home, our schedule has been pretty crazy. Last night was Big Man's preschool Christmas program. It was great. It was fun to see how much he's grown up from last year's program. He knew all the words to the songs this year, did all of the actions, and just beamed with pride up on the stage. It was cute.
The lighting in the auditorium is horrible, so this is the best I got of him up on the stage.

Looking back in the baby books, it was at 16 months that Little Man started being a terror. Big man was a little later than that-he didn't have any examples. Little Princess is not quite 15 months and I have a feeling I'm in for it. During a 'quiet' moment yesterday, she learned how to twist my lipstick up and decided to redecorate my room. This is just one stop on her trail of destruction. It continued on my dresser, nightstand, and in my closet. Where was I during all of this fun. Well, doing mom stuff of course. Vacuuming, cleaning, etc. I can't follow her around all the time. I guess I should though, or at least close a few doors. Thank goodness for good cleaners that make fun times like these bearable.
If it were possible, I wouldn't go anywhere the week before Christmas. The last place on earth I wanted to be was Costco. I got there early because I thought they had Christmas hours, so we sat in the car for a while before it opened. As they opened the doors, there were probably 100 people waiting to get in. It was pure madness. I'm glad I'm home now watching the snow fall.

1 comment:

Janille said...

I hope your Christmas was good! That is a funny story about the lipstick. They only look harmless at that age. O but I remember those days much to clearly! I LOVED your Christmas card and letter. I don't know what happened to me this year. But I STILL haven't got to that. Maybe a New Year letter!