Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day here (at least I thought so). Big man made this in primary. His teacher is very creative and sweet. It made me and Jeff laugh.

She also took a picture of the kids in primary and wrapped them in pretty paper. It didn't scan well, but I thought it was worth including.

On Saturday Jeff took the boys down to Fountain Green. They spent some time at the farm and then up in the mountains . They even went for a hike-Jeff ended up carrying BOTH of them halfway up the mountain :) He's still sore two days later. They weren't real happy for any of the pictures that were taken.
While the boys were doing boy things, Baby H and I were doing girl things. We went to Super Saturday and had a great time and then I took her to get her ears pierced. I'm not quite sure what possessed me to pierce them now, but I did. She did pretty good. She cried a little but she was a trooper. This isn't the best picture of her new earrings, but it's still cute.

The most memorable part of Father's Day was Big Man's solo in sacrament meeting. For Mother's Day when he went up to sing he ended up being in the back behind some big kids and we couldn't see him. So for this performance we tried to prep him by telling him to stand up front. He was excited to go up and sing. He stood right in the front-center. Right on the stair in front of the podium. That was fine in the beginning, until he pulled the microphone down and started singing a solo. I looked at Jeff and asked if he was supposed to be doing that. I thought for a minute maybe the primary leaders had planned for him to sing a solo, but quickly realized that they didn't. Luckily the counselor in the bishopric turned off the microphone pretty quickly. When the song ended he didn't want to get down. The same counselor helped him hop down and come back to his chair. He's definitely not shy. What a Father's Day :)

3 comments:

Janille said...

That sounds like a great weekend! You are so brave to pierce Baby H ears! They are so cute! I am a chicken and haven't done either of my girls. Maleea really wants hers done.

It looks like Jeff had a good time with the boys! I LOVE THE FARM in Ft. Green. It looks like it is so pretty and green.

Connie Babe said...

5 pounds! Way to go Jeff!!!

I love the solo...when the little kiddos in our ward sat down, we heard one visiting tyke loudly tell his parents, "I DID IT!!!"

Susie said...

That is a paper you should never throw away! Those boys certainly love their dad.How cute is that? And she looks great in her earrings.