Monday, June 23, 2008

Decorating the Nursery

I don't know what got into me. I still have over three months to go, but I got a wild hair to decorate the nursery. I stenciled the wall with two very active helpers. I'm lucky there wasn't paint everywhere. We had a fun time-me painting and the boys jumping in the crib throwing things everywhere. We almost had some stuffed animals covered in paint.


I'm hoping that by the time the baby gets here, the newness of the baby's room will wear off. Right now the swing is the funnest thing to play in. I hope it makes it until her arrival. My almost 2-year old won't stay out. He was whining the other day and I kept yelling for him to come downstairs. When I went to find him, he was locked into the swing and couldn't get out. It made me laugh.
I've had lots of fun finding girl things. The dresser drawers already have a good start. It's so much fun to shop for pink. Jeff rolls his eyes at me, but secretly I think he's enjoying it too. She'll have him wrapped around his little finger. Big man is already looking for 'girl' things at the store for his little sister. I have so much help. We're definitely ready for her to come-even though we still have over three months to go. Hopefully it will go by quickly.

3 comments:

Amy C. said...

I am glad you got your nursury done. It is probably the best time -I bet you'll get tired the closer it gets. I told you girls were fun!

Anonymous said...

Time will go so fast! It is better to be ready then not. What a good idea to get the boys ready for the sister! You guys are such a cute family! I'm so glad I'm getting to know you a little more through your blog!

p.s. Has Samantha had her baby?

The Shill Spill said...

How exciting Meggan! I am soooo happy for you guys! (I hope the next time we have a child...just like you...we'll get a girl too.) :) Looks like lots of fun! :) (So jealous!) Post some pictures of your cute little preganant self, will you? :) Thanks!