Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm getting old

So this week is kind of a crazy one for me-I turn 30. Whenver I heard that people were 30, I used to think that they were SO old. Now that I'm here, I don't feel that old. When I think back to what I was doing 5 years ago, I was engaged (almost married) and going to school for my master's degree. Ten years ago, I was just finishing my bachelor's degree, single and didn't have a clue what to do with my life. It all seems like yesterday. In another blink of an eye I will be looking back on 30 and remembering all the good times I had.

I wouldn't trade where I'm at for anything. I have a loving husband, two beautiful (and sometimes crazy) children, a beautiful home, a great stay-at-home job, and wonderful family and friends. I truly am blessed.

So, 30 here I come. It's going to be a great year.

3 comments:

The Shill Spill said...

Meggan, Happy (soon to be) Birthday! I hope you have the best 30th birthday ever!!! Party hard!(May it be a birthday you never forget, and not because it was a crappy one.) I hope your next 5 years are even more blessed and happy. Have a good one. Take care!
Me,
Tiff

emlouisa said...

Happy Birthday!!! 30, eh? Man, you're old. ;)

Hope your day is fabulous!

Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Meggan, Happy Birthday!! I can't believe you are turning 30! I remember when I turned 30 (when we were neighbors)!!
Kind of reminds me of that Kenny Chesney song "don't blink". Hope you have a very happy one - trust me, I've had 45 and they only get better,
Have a happy day
mary