Sunday, March 11, 2012

Baby M turns ONE!!!

I can't believe that my baby is one! Where did that year go. I love each of my children dearly, but I can honestly say that I'm glad we're past 'baby stage'. That first year is full of so many changes. It's nice once they start sleeping better, being more mobile, feeding themselves, etc. I know we have many more milestones to come, but I feel like we've crossed a major one.

Baby M's birthday started out with a homemade crown courtesy of Big Man. He specializes in these. She only wore it long enough for a quick photo op.



I decided to torture her on her special day and get her ears pierced. Little Princess got hers pierced at 8 months, but with Baby M I decided to wait until her birthday. I was shocked at how much the price had gone up for ear piercing in the last 2 1/2 years. Ugh. She looks adorable though and didn't even cry for very long. We treated her to an ice cream cone for all her troubles.



Birthdays are supposed to be fun right? Well Baby M didn't know. She decided to spend the day throwing as many fits as possible. I'm pretty sure she's getting her first set of molars. She spend the previous two nights waking up and screaming, so I'm going to blame molars. She doesn't eat real well when she gets teeth and it's tradition to get a runny nose and cough (you can't break tradition). By the time her party rolled around she was good and cranky.


She has perfected the back arch when she doesn't get her way. It's very fun and entertaining.


Despite not feeling good, she had a good birthday. She got some cute clothes, lots of stuffed animals, and beautiful new holes in her ears :) After a little coaxing, she even enjoyed some of her birthday cake. She is by far my cleanest one year old cake eater. It was much easier to hold her on my lap and let her neatly eat her cake than listen to her scream in the high chair.



Also this weekend, Jeff and I went shopping. We've been waiting to get a few things until we got our (meager) tax refund. We hit a few stores and then ended up at Walmart. Just so you know Walmart is not either one of our favorite stores, but we couldn't pass up a good deal. When we walked in the lady on the PA system announced that all clearance was 50% off the lowest marked price. What? Really? I got a cart and got busy. We bought each of the boys a new pair of cowboy boots, tennis shoes, and rain slicker boots for about $12 a boy. Score. I bought Little Princess some new snow boots for next year for $5. I got the boys new thermals for $1.50 each. I found a pair of black dressy boots for me for $5 The list of deals go on. This has to be one of my favorite shopping trips EVER. It's so fun to get good deals. The kids were thrilled to get new stuff and we marked off everything on our 'things we need' list.

The final event of the weekend was a new calling for me. I had a meeting with the bishop this morning at 7:40. Our church starts at 9. Doesn't sound too bad, right? Well I forgot it was Daylight Savings. That put my meeting extra early. I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the primary. I'm excited. I think it will be a fun calling. It will be fun to work with three of my own children and watch them further learn the gospel. Our ward was split two weeks ago, so every presidency is new and there are still a lot of callings to be made. It's going to be a little crazy for a while until we're fully staffed.

1 comment:

Amy C. said...

That same thing happened in one of our wards in Lehi. I got put in the primary presidency too. It was amazing that even though we were a brand new ward, I had never met the president or other counselor, and only knew a hand full of the list to choose teachers from, that the perfect people get put into the callings you'll have to fill. You'll be great. Good luck!