Friday, August 26, 2011

Life in a Small Town...

Before I moved to Mona, I asked a friend that lived here-'What do people do in a small town'. She just laughed at me and said lots of things. I'm finding out that's true. I seem to stay pretty busy, just with different things than before.

This is my retake of Big Man's school picture. This was on his second day of school. So far he's doing pretty well. He's been tired adjusting to being in school all day. He's made some friends (mostly girls), but seems to be adjusting pretty good.

I'm trying to make some new friends too :) I signed up for the craft night for our new ward. It was making super hero capes. I thought the boys would love them and they did. I had a fun time getting to know some new ladies and sew without kids around.



In all my spare time :) I've been out raking rocks. Our yard is a work in progress. We're going to be planting grass soon, but we have to get the dirt ready first. There are tons of rocks and weeds from when they were cut down several weeks ago. I didn't take any before pictures. These pictures are 'in progress'.








You can't really tell from the pictures, but there are about 20 little rock piles that now need to be relocated. The lot is .70 of an acre. We're not going to plant all of it, but it's still been a big job.

No comments: